Greenville, South Carolina-Children’s Activities
Greenville, South Carolina offers many kid-friendly activities in its downtown area. The landscape provides easy access to lakes and state parks, gardens and mini golf courses. Most important kids’ attractions in Greenville include children’s museum, Greenville zoo, Frankie’s Fun Park, Liberty Bridge and the Falls Park.
1. Children’s Museum: The museum features three floors of exhibits that allow the children to get hands on experience. Most of the exhibits are designed for children between the ages 6 to11 but for small kids there are Grandma Betty’s Farm and a Toddler Lily Pond. The topic of the exhibits focus on arts,humanities,health sciences that teaches them ways to save environment, healthy eating habits and lots of other educational activities. The museum has a café, birthday party room and an outdoor garden.
2. Greenville Zoo: The 10 acre zoo in Greenville is located in Cleveland Park. A children’s playground, a tennis court and sheltered picnic areas are provided here. The wild animals in the zoo include red panda, orangutans, African elephants, siamang monkeys, snakes, reptiles and many more. The Greenville zoo is one of the best tourist attractions in South Carolina.
3. Children’s Theatre: The children’s theatre provides music classes, drama classes and summer camps to the children. They get an opportunity to work with talented directors, musicians and choreographers. The theatre outreach program provides dramatic classes at no cost to the disadvantaged children. The Character Breakfast is an annual event in which children breakfast with various characters like Winnie the Pooh, Cinderella and Stuart Little. The Timbre Tales is another annual story telling event for children.
4. Frankie’s Fun Park: This park is the real wonderland for children. The Frankie’s Fun Park in Greenville is located off Woodruff Road and Miller Road on Park Woodruff Dr.The park is a great fun for summer or winter outing where kids and children can play arcade games, mini golf, bumper boats and many more. The fun house is a huge gym in which all sorts of activities like climbing, swinging and sliding are possible. The Johnny Rocket’s Restaurant provides the foods that include among others the juicy hamburgers, sandwiches and mouthwatering shakes and malts.
5. Liberty Bridge and Falls Park: This place is the paradise of nature lovers and perfect for a spring or fall afternoon. The Liberty Bridge is a 345 feet long, 12 feet wide suspension bridge constructed over the Reedy River in Falls Park, Geenville.